Friday, February 5, 2010

Days Before the Wedding!

And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

Revelation 21:3-4

The days before the wedding are always stressful. There is so much to do and so little time to do it. The plans have been completed in every detail, but there are always the little, last minute details that demand attention just before the big day! Every mature advisor tells the couple that the perfect wedding is the one that happens when they marry. The unexpected is always an element of a wedding and that is what you must expect!

The Wedding of the Lamb and His bride is at hand. The flurry of activity before the Heavenly Eternal Union is building in Heaven and on Earth! The plans were completed from the beginning of time, but the last minute details are now in full swing. It will be the perfect wedding which brings together Christ and His Bride forever!

When a young couple embarks on the great adventure of matrimony they have no idea what their life together will truly be like. Each day brings a new and different dynamic that gives them opportunity to embrace the joys and ride the storms together as one. Being united to Christ as His Bride is the greatest mystery in eternity. What will it mean? How will that be played out throughout the expanse of forever?

When pen pals become lovers before they ever meet the wholesome purity of their love cannot be questioned. If she loves me for who I am inside then I will never question her motives. But if she loves me for what I look like or for what I have then her love may not last forever. It is very hard for a very rich man to find a bride. He may always wonder if she he is marrying him for his money.

Jesus woos His Bride to be, not with His Eternal Glorious wisdom, strength and power. Jesus draws me to Himself with His humanity. Jesus is the perfect friend. Even when I deny Him, He prays for me and sees me for what I will be rather than what I am.

But the humanity of Jesus takes nothing away from His eternal glory! Like the rich man looking for a bride, Jesus hides from me the unfathomable truth of who He is and will be forever!

But as we approach the Wedding I am seeing more of what is to come! Frankly, I am startled by what I am seeing! Jesus is a million times more than I ever imagined Him to be and He is coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment