Tuesday, August 6, 2013

ONE LOVE!

Click here to listen to blog.

I, the Lord, hate and despise your religious celebrations and your times of worship.

I won't accept your offerings or animal sacrifices— not even your very best.

No more of your noisy songs! I won't listen when you play your harps.

But let justice and fairness flow like a river that never runs dry.

Israel, for forty years you wandered in the desert, without bringing offerings or

sacrifices to me.

Now you will have to carry the two idols you made— Sakkuth, the one you call king,

and Kaiwan, the one you built in the shape of a star.

I will force you to march as captives beyond Damascus. I, the Lord God All-Powerful,

have spoken!

Amos 5:21-27 (CEV)

An Idol is something that you worship. It really doesn't matter what it is. Anything can be an idol. And when you worship something you will spend your time, money, and your mental and emotional energy focused on that thing. When you are a worshiper, the object of your worship will find it's way into your mind and your conversations all day long. Your "idol" will never be far from your current situation.

Most Christians "go to worship" on Sundays. They gather together to sing, pray and listen to someone teach from the Bible. We call it worship and of course you can worship during that hour. But does the worship of God define the rest of your life as well? Do you talk to and think about Jesus all day long, everyday? Is He the center of your conversations with others? And I suppose the most difficult question is this: Is there something or someone in your life that gets more of your attention than Jesus does? Jesus Himself said that you cannot serve two masters. In a real sense you can only have ONE LOVE in your life! If that ONE LOVE is anyone or anything except Jesus Christ, then you are an idolater.

Examine your heart and see if Jesus really is the Lord of your life or just one of your hobbies.

"Lord Jesus, I ask You to show me if I have anything or anyone in my life that I love more than I love You. If so Lord, I repent right now and fall down at Your feet. Purify my heart so that You, Jesus will be the ONE LOVE of my life above all others. Let me worship You now. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment