Friday, December 20, 2013

Power in Private

Click here to listen to blog

Three days later Mary, the mother of Jesus, was at a wedding feast in the village of Cana in Galilee. Jesus and his disciples had also been invited and were there.

When the wine was all gone, Mary said to Jesus, “They don't have any more wine.”

Jesus replied, “Mother, my time hasn't yet come! You must not tell me what to do.”

Mary then said to the servants, “Do whatever Jesus tells you to do.”

John 2:1-5

Why did the mother of Jesus think that Jesus could address the issue of the wine running out at the wedding? The Bible does not say, but it seems almost obvious that she had seen Jesus display His power privately. Again there is no Biblical story that even suggests such a thing, but why else would she bring up the possibility if she had not seen it happen before?


When I think of miracles today, I ponder the public displays of God's power that amaze everyone who sees them.


Jesus had never done a public miracle before, but Mary knew He could and asked Him to intervene.


Do you see the power of Jesus in your private life? Is your personal relationship with Jesus filled with demonstrations of His power? Mary may have seen the miraculous power of Jesus without telling others about it. Every moment of your relationship with Jesus does not have to be made public. I believe there can and perhaps should be a private part of your life with Jesus about which you do not tell others.


"Lord Jesus show me today a demonstration of Your power for me to see, but not to share. Let me know You better today than I have ever known You before. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment