Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Reason to Celebrate!

Click here to listen to blog

Fig trees may no longer bloom,

or vineyards produce grapes;

olive trees may be fruitless,

and harvest time a failure;

sheep pens may be empty,

and cattle stalls vacant—

but I will still celebrate

because the Lord God

is my Savior.

 

The Lord gives me strength.

He makes my feet as sure

as those of a deer,

and he helps me stand

on the mountains.

Habakkuk 3:17-19a

I was at a small business not far from my house and saw that they sell dried food for survivalists. It is not inexpensive, but should the day come when you have nothing else to eat it would certainly be a blessing. For just a moment I got a vision of the gloom and doom that would be everywhere around if those who bought that food actually needed to eat it. I'm sure that those who are preparing for the worst haven't really thought about what it would be like when the "worst" arrived!

But for those who Love Jesus, according to these verses in Habakkuk we can still celebrate even when everything else has gone wrong. That is because the Reason for the Celebration is Jesus Himself and the promise of Heaven! When you focus your heart and mind on the Glory of God and not the tragedies of this world, you can rejoice about the past, the present and the future!


Look up! Even the Heavens declare the Glory of God. Because of Jesus you can celebrate every day of your life. You can celebrate when things are good, and you can celebrate when "everything" goes wrong! You can celebrate in the strength of your youth and you can celebrate as you draw near to the day of your death!


Someone has said of Christmas that "Jesus is the reason for the season," but the truth is that "Jesus is the reason for all seasons."


With Jesus in your heart, every day of the rest of your life can be like Christmas morning!


"Lord Jesus, forgive me for letting the world and all of it's troubles steal my joy. I can celebrate and rejoice because of You and nothing else truly matters. May this day be a day of celebration as I wait for Your return. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment