Friday, December 27, 2013

The Life of the Messenger!

Click here to listen to blog

I tell you that people will come here from cities everywhere. Those of one town will go to another and say, “We're going to ask the Lord All-Powerful to treat us with kindness. Come and join us.”

Many people from strong nations will come to Jerusalem to worship me and to ask me to treat them with kindness.  When this happens, ten people from nations with different languages will grab a Jew by his clothes and say, “Let us go with you. We've heard that God is on your side.” I, the Lord All-Powerful, have spoken!

Zechariah 8:20-23

I have believed for many years that when you truly walk with Jesus on a daily basis and trust Him for everything in your life you will regularly be sought out by those who want to know why you are the way you are. A tree with lots of delicious and beautiful fruit cannot be ignored.


They will ask you why you are at peace when the world around you is in conflict and at war. They will ask how you are able to be strong when humanly speaking you are very weak. They will be amazed at even the smile on your face when no one else is smiling.


When you hear a message and the life of the messenger denies the validity of the message you almost always believe what you see in that life. But when you see a truly remarkable life of someone obviously empowered to live differently from everyone else you may not do so immediately, but eventually you will ask for an explanation.


They are not just wanting to see your honesty and character, but they want to know if the message you preach is demonstrated in the life you live! A blind man is not a good witness to the beauty of the sunset, but the face of a man who is obviously in awe of the beauty God creates at the close of every day is remarkable.


If you want win people to Jesus, then spend your time making sure that your life with Jesus is authentic and true. When you do that not only will your witness have power, but men and women will ask you about the source of your strength.


"Lord Jesus, may the power of walking with You so flood my life today that others will ask me why I am the way I am. With You, Jesus in control of my life I can proclaim the Good News of who You are and what You offer every man with power and peace. Help me to show Your life to others as I wait for Your return. Come quickly Lord Jesus. Amen!"

No comments:

Post a Comment