Saturday, June 4, 2016

Exciting Adventure!




I worship you with all my heart. Don't let me walk away from your commands. I treasure your word above all else; it keeps me from sinning against you.  I praise you, Lord! Teach me your laws. With my own mouth, I tell others the laws that you have spoken. Obeying your instructions brings as much happiness as being rich.  I will study your teachings and follow your footsteps. I will take pleasure in your laws and remember your words.

Treat me with kindness, Lord, so that I may live and do what you say. Open my mind and let me discover the wonders of your Law.

Psalm 119:10-18

Obeying the Word of God is not a boring and troublesome task without any joy for those who choose to follow Him!  Imagine that you could transplant into your head a brain that had unlimited power and knowledge and could make decisions with perfect accuracy!  Your new brain could guide your steps so that you would never make tragic mistakes!  In your new brain you would have all knowledge and wisdom beyond measure!  Well of course, you cannot transplant a brain, and there is no such human brain like that.  But when you decide to follow Jesus Christ and give your heart to God, the Holy Spirit comes into your life and gives you access to the mind of Christ!  You are not “smarter” than you were before you accepted Jesus, but the unlimited, and loving mind of God Himself communicates His wisdom to you through the Holy Spirit in your heart and the Written Word of God, the Bible!  

When you recognize that truth, Bible study becomes an exciting adventure, not a chore!  You are looking for things that your mind is too small to discover without God’s Word revealing them.  

Instead of thinking, “Oh dear, I have to obey the Word of God,” say “What a joy, I get to hear what God thinks about this matter and I can obey His Word!”  


“Lord Jesus, increase my appetite for Your Word!  Put Your thoughts in my head so that I may walk the way that You desire!  And may You, Jesus be praised forever.  Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment