Friday, June 3, 2016

Think About God Before You Sleep!



Click here to listen to blog

I think about you, God, before I go to sleep, and my thoughts turn to you during the night. You have helped me, and I sing happy songs in the shadow of your wings. I stay close to you, and your powerful arm supports me.

Psalm 63:6-8

Do you think about God before you go to sleep at night?  If your heart is at peace with the Creator, then letting thoughts of Him fill your mind before you close your eyes at night will certainly bless your time of rest!

Think about what God may be doing while you sleep.  He is awake and on guard.  The Bible says that God does not sleep!  He is always awake and watches over all His people as they rest!  I like to think about what it will be like to stand before His throne in Heaven!  Of course my greatest imagination will not even begin to see how glorious that scene will be, but it will be the ultimate place of security, safety and peace, as well as the greatest worship experience that has ever been or could ever be.  Nothing from the life of a fallen man will enter that room with you.   You may notice that your heart will be as unspotted as that of a new born baby!  Your motives will all be holy and clean, and your desires will all be completely pure.  There will be no competing emotions, that on this earth could lead you to temptation and sin!  Time will be no more so you will not be able to tell how long you are there, overwhelmed by the Glory of God!  

Not only think of God as you put your head on your pillow, but ask Him to speak to you as you sleep.  Then whatever your dreams may be you can trust that God will make it plain if there is a message for your heart!

“Lord Jesus, help me to think about You before I go to sleep tonight and to let my thoughts turn to You during the night.  May You, Jesus be praised forever.  Amen.”




No comments:

Post a Comment