Monday, June 13, 2016

Praise Him in the Valley!




Have pity, Lord! I am hurting and almost blind.
My whole body aches. I have known only sorrow all my life long, and I suffer year after year. I am weak from sin, and my bones are limp.

My enemies insult me. Neighbors are even worse, and I disgust my friends. People meet me on the street, and they turn and run. I am completely forgotten like someone dead. I am merely a broken dish. I hear the crowds whisper, “Everyone is afraid!” They are plotting and scheming to murder me.

But I trust you, Lord, and I claim you as my God. My life is in your hands. Save me from enemies who hunt me down. Smile on me, your servant. Have pity and rescue me. I pray only to you. Don't disappoint me. Disappoint my cruel enemies until they lie silent in their graves. Silence those proud liars! Make them stop bragging and insulting your people.

You are wonderful, and while everyone watches, you store up blessings for all who honor and trust you.

Psalm 31:9-19

When things in your life are going well and you are at peace and not in pain and overwhelmed with grief, it is easy to Praise the Lord!  Loudly proclaiming the Glory of God from a place of comfort and security takes little faith!  

But when God hears your voice of praise from  the valley of despair He knows that your heart belongs to Him!  Rejoicing on the mountain tops is what all men do.  But the valleys are the places where your true heart is revealed!  Of course, when you are in the valley you will cry out for help, but don’t forget to also Praise God from your point of hopelessness!

As a follower of Jesus Christ, the worse thing that can ever happen to you on this earth will result in you being ushered into the presence of God forever!   Satan may kill your body, but he cannot truly harm you!  The valley of despair and hopelessness is the place where you can put all your hope in Jesus!  And no one who hopes in Him will ever be disappointed.  


“Lord Jesus, give me the faith to praise You on the mountains, but even more so in the Valley of Despair!  You are all my hope, now and forever!  May Your name always be praised.  Amen.”   

No comments:

Post a Comment