Tuesday, June 7, 2016

The Joy of Growing Old!



Click here to listen to blog

I have been nailed to the cross with Christ.  I have died, but Christ lives in me. And I now live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave his life for me.

Galatians 2:19b-20

How you and I were crucified with Christ is a mystery.  Of course, we were not living when Jesus went to the Cross, but the Bible clearly says that we were on the Cross with Him!  The Bible also says that followers of Jesus are part of the Body of Christ.  And it says that Christ is in us!  How can we explain or even understand such things?  It is indeed too great for mortal minds to grasp!

But consider how a little child is introduced to the great truths of art, science and literature.  Even a small child can stand and gaze on the “Mona Lisa.”  A three year old can observe a nuclear explosion and hear the story of Charles Dickens’ “A Christmas Carol.”  Over the years a simple introduction into great truth grows into a more and more profound understanding!  

So it is with the things of God.  When you read the Bible you will find things that seem impossible or maybe even insane.  But God will, by the power of His Holy Spirit reveal His truth as you grow closer to Him over the days, months and even years after you see that truth for the first time!

The enticing thing about growing old and even very old is discovering the joy of knowing Jesus for fifty years, or sixty, seventy or more!  Someone once said, “The longer I love Him, the sweeter He grows!”  

“Lord Jesus, there is so much about You that I do not understand, but I know this: I will love you more today than I did yesterday and the joy of that love will grow forever.  Praise Your Holy Name.  Amen.” 




No comments:

Post a Comment