Sunday, January 15, 2017

Go With God Not the Governor!




I, the LORD All-Powerful, have something to say to you priests. Children respect their fathers, and servants respect their masters. I am your father and your master, so why don't you respect me? You priests have insulted me, and now you ask, "How did we insult you?"   You embarrass me by offering worthless food on my altar. Then you ask, "How have we embarrassed you?" You have done it by saying, "What's so great about the LORD's altar?"   But isn't it wrong to offer animals that are blind, crippled, or sick? Just try giving those animals to your governor. That certainly wouldn't please him or make him want to help you.   I am the LORD God All-Powerful, and you had better try to please me. You have sinned. Now see if I will have mercy on any of you.

Malachi 1: 6 - 9

When you are rushing to the hospital to save the life of someone who is with you in the car, you have no problem breaking the normal traffic laws, because you respect the “law of life” more than the speed limit.

And when you see clearly that the Will of God contradicts the will of the Government what should you do?  Of course, you ought to  obey God instead of the government, but that is so often not the case.  In the United States we often hear the words, “but that is not Constitutional” when it comes to praying, telling someone else about Jesus, or even quietly reading the Bible in a public place.  And so, many if not most Christians in this country have decided that it is more important to obey the government than to obey God!  There is a verse in the Bible that tells us to obey our leaders, and so we try to hide behind that verse, even if what we are told to do is clearly against the Will of God! 

God tells us to “pray without ceasing,” but men tell us when and where it is acceptable and even legal to pray!  God tells us to “preach the Gospel to everyone,” but there are laws that prohibit doing that in certain places.  I guess the bottom line is to decide which document is more significant: the Bible or the Constitution!  If, for you the Constitution is primary, you will honor it above the Bible and let its precepts limit your obedience to the Word of God.  If the Bible is more important than the Constitution you will honor the man made document and the laws it has generated until they contradict God. Then you will go with God not the Governor!


“Lord Jesus, give me the courage to do everything you have called me to do and be.  May my only fear be that I might not do Your Will!  Praise Your Holy Name forever.  Amen.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment