Saturday, January 28, 2017

Substitute Savior!




I, the LORD, have put a curse on those who turn from me and trust in human strength.  They will dry up like a bush in salty desert soil, where nothing can grow.  But I will bless those who trust me.  They will be like trees growing beside a stream-- trees with roots that reach down to the water, and with leaves that are always green. They bear fruit every year and are never worried by a lack of rain.

Jeremiah 17: 5 - 9

When men turn away from God they almost always begin to trust in human strength.  They trust in their own strength or in the strength of another man who becomes a substitute savior!  I have never heard someone proclaim that they trust in Satan to help them, heal them, or provide for their needs.  We turn to ourselves or another man to do that.

So, if you examine your heart and find that you are trusting in yourself or another human being about anything in your life, that is a place where you need to repent.  The first place repentance is needed in the lives of most followers of Jesus is where they have stopped trusting God and started trusting themselves or some other man instead of God!


“Lord Jesus, show me today where I am not trusting You and give me the courage to confess my sin and repent!  May You, Jesus be praised forever.  Amen.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment