Friday, January 6, 2017

Seek God Not Gold!




I am not complaining about having too little. I have learned to be satisfied with whatever I have.  I know what it is to be poor or to have plenty, and I have lived under all kinds of conditions. I know what it means to be full or to be hungry, to have too much or too little.  Christ gives me the strength to face anything.

Philippians 4: 11 - 13

It is the problem of having too much!

As human beings, we are tempted to think that the worst human condition of man is being poor.  And that the best thing to happen to a man is to become rich.  Truthfully, that is exactly backwards, and here is why.

When you have more than you need in this life you are continually tempted to believe that you have no need for God!  A rich man, quite naturally depends on his riches.  But when you are poor and continually in need, you have plenty of reason to call out to God for help!  When you store up lots of things in this life, you can ignore your desperate need of God.  

But when you see how needy you are, and call out to Him for your daily needs, you are constantly reminded of your dependence on the God who made you!  

Seek God not Gold and trust Him to give you what you need.  You will never regret it and you will have all your "real" needs met in Jesus, now and forever.


“Thank you Jesus, for being the source of everything I need now and always.  Praise Your Holy Name!  Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment