Thursday, April 13, 2017

Draw Near to God!



Click here to listen to blog

Once I was bitter and brokenhearted.  I was stupid and ignorant, and I treated you as a wild animal would.  But I never really left you, and you hold my right hand.  Your advice has been my guide, and later you will welcome me in glory.  In heaven I have only you, and on this earth you are all I want.  My body and mind may fail, but you are my strength and my choice forever.  Powerful LORD God, all who stay far from you will be lost, and you will destroy those who are unfaithful.  It is good for me to be near you. I choose you as my protector, and I will tell about your wonderful deeds.

Psalm 73: 21 - 29

It may simply be a myth that the band on the Titanic played “Nearer My God to Thee” as the ship sank in the cold waters of the Atlantic Ocean on April 15, 1912.  But I can assure you that there were men, women and children who were crying out to God on that tragic night!

The Titanic was believed to be “Unsinkable” and many people today believe that their lives are unsinkable as well. 

There is truthfully only one way to insure that you will not be lost in the storms of this life.  And that way is by trusting Jesus Christ and staying near to God!  

Every time you sin you are putting distance between you and God!  Draw near to God and He will draw near to you!

“Lord Jesus, in Heaven I have only You, and on this earth You are all I want!  Praise Your Holy Name forever.  Amen.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment