Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Swallow the Seed!




Jesus said to his disciples: I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener.  He cuts away every branch of mine that doesn't produce fruit. But he trims clean every branch that does produce fruit, so that it will produce even more fruit.  You are already clean because of what I have said to you.  Stay joined to me, and I will stay joined to you. Just as a branch cannot produce fruit unless it stays joined to the vine, you cannot produce fruit unless you stay joined to me.  I am the vine, and you are the branches. If you stay joined to me, and I stay joined to you, then you will produce lots of fruit. But you cannot do anything without me.

John 15: 1 - 5

What is the fruit that Christians produce because they are attached to the Vine?  Fruit, all fruit is the absolutely indisputable evidence that the tree to which it is attached is an apple tree, or a pear tree, or a plum. Fruit that testifies to the truth of Jesus Christ is what develops on the branches that are called Christians!

There is only one way to produce fruit as a follower of Jesus Christ.  And that way is this: Cling tightly to Jesus and get all your strength from Him and Him alone!  When you do that, your life will be a testimony to who Jesus is and all your “Fruit” will witness to His Glory!

Some have said that the fruit of a Christian is another Christian.  Christians do reproduce, but I believe the “fruit” is not another Christian.  But rather, the attractive and tasty fruit of your life contains the seed which spawns new life.  When others see the fruit of “love, joy, peace, long-suffering and kindness" they will swallow the seed that grows faith in them as well!  


“Lord Jesus, hold me close to You today so that the only fruit in my life will come from You!  And may You Jesus, be praised now and forever.  Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment