Friday, April 21, 2017

The Ocean of God's Love!



Click here to listen to blog

I have honored my followers in the same way that you honored me, in order that they may be one with each other, just as we are one. I am one with them, and you are one with me, so that they may become completely one. Then this world's people will know that you sent me. They will know that you love my followers as much as you love me.  Father, I want everyone you have given me to be with me, wherever I am. Then they will see the glory that you have given me, because you loved me before the world was created.   Good Father, the people of this world don't know you. But I know you, and my followers know that you sent me.    I told them what you are like, and I will tell them even more. Then the love that you have for me will become part of them, and I will be one with them.

John 17: 22 - 26

When Christians are united by the love of Christ, those in the world around them can see the special relationship they have with each other and with God!   For those in the world who are seeking to know God, the unity of believers is a magnetic force that draws them to Jesus.  But those who have rejected Jesus are repulsed when they see the family of God around them.  

In these verses Jesus tells us, perhaps the most amazing truth in all the Bible.  He says that the love that God has for Jesus will become part of us!  We are not just saved from the fires of Hell, but we become part of the loving relationship of the Father and the Son.  

As a follower of Jesus Christ, your life is all about love.  It is about God’s love for Jesus and about the love that Jesus has for you.  It is also about God’s love for you because of Jesus.  And of course, your new life is about your love for God!  

As you swim in the ocean of God’s love, you can sink below the surface when the storms of life come and breathe the air of Heaven forever!


“Lord Jesus, loving and being loved by You is what life is all about.  Hold me close to You today as I swim in the Ocean of Your love!  Praise Your Holy Name forever.  Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment