Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Lord Rescue Me!




The Law has shown me that something in me keeps me from doing what I know is right.  With my whole heart I agree with the Law of God.  But in every part of me I discover something fighting against my mind, and it makes me a prisoner of sin that controls everything I do.  What a miserable person I am. Who will rescue me from this body that is doomed to die?  Thank God! Jesus Christ will rescue me.

Romans 7: 21 - 25a

Have you discovered that something inside you is fighting against doing the right thing?  It is not just you!  Every man and woman ever born to live on this earth experiences the same difficulty.  You may want to do the right thing, but the desires of your own flesh push and pull you in the wrong direction! 

Self discipline and motivational books and speakers can help some in your war against yourself, but there is only one way to have complete victory in the battle with own body! That Way is Jesus Christ!   

Jesus will rescue you from yourself!  


“Lord Jesus, I need to be rescued from myself!  I am my own greatest enemy and I confess that I cannot change myself.  I have tried but failed and  I need You to do it!  So come Lord Jesus and apply Your saving power to my rebellious and sinful flesh!  Lord, Rescue Me! I Praise Your Holy Name, now and forever.  Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment