Thursday, October 12, 2017

God's Power Class!



I prayed to the Lord:

Our Lord, you are the one
    who gives me strength
and protects me like a fortress
    when I am in trouble.
People will come to you
    from distant nations and say,
“Our ancestors worshiped
    false and useless gods,
worthless idols
    made by human hands.”
Then the Lord replied,
“That’s why I will teach them
    about my power,
and they will know
    that I am the true God.”


Jeremiah 16:19-21

How do people come to know that God is the only true God?  Of course, there are many answers to that question but these verses in Jeremiah 16 say that people will know that He is the "true God" when He teaches them about His power!  

When a man or woman comes face to face with the undeniable Power of God in their life, they have only two choices.  They could turn and run away from God or they could run toward Him.  No one is touched by the Power of God and simply ignores the reality of God.

When God's Power touches you, you will not stand still.  You will move either away from God or leap into His arms!

That is why Satan wants you to believe that God's Power is no longer seen in the world today.  So if you are praying that someone enter into a saving relationship with Jesus Christ, ask God to teach them about His Power!  Seeing the undeniable Power of God will bring anyone to a point of decision about the Lord!

"Lord Jesus, teach me more about Your Power today.  And when I see Your Power may I run to You, and always rest in Your love! Praise Your Holy Name, now and forever!  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment