Thursday, October 19, 2017

Knowing Christ is the Prize!




But Christ has shown me that what I once thought was valuable is worthless.  Nothing is as wonderful as knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. I have given up everything else and count it all as garbage. All I want is Christ and to know that I belong to him. I could not make myself acceptable to God by obeying the Law of Moses. God accepted me simply because of my faith in Christ.  All I want is to know Christ and the power that raised him to life. I want to suffer and die as he did, so that somehow I also may be raised to life.  I have not yet reached my goal, and I am not perfect. But Christ has taken hold of me. So I keep on running and struggling to take hold of the prize.

Philippians 3: 7 - 12

I think some followers of Jesus Christ today would judge the Apostle Paul as one who was “weak in faith” because he said he had not yet reached his goal!  They might say that Paul was not certain of his Salvation!  But that is not what this is saying at all!  

I think that the Prize Paul was talking about was simply this: Paul wanted to know Christ better!  So, after you are “Saved” you don’t just sit down, relax and wait for the return of Jesus.  After you are saved, you “Struggle and Run” to know Jesus and the power that raised Him to life!  

Knowing Christ is not just sweet fellowship with the Lord.  It is also suffering and dying as He did.  Knowing Christ is being raised to life even as He was three days after His crucifixion.  


“Lord Jesus, You are the Prize for those who are saved from the fires of Hell. You are all I need or will ever need.  Praise Your Holy Name now and forever.  Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment