Friday, October 13, 2017

Think About Jesus Before You Sleep!





You are my God. I worship you. In my heart, I long for you, as I would long for a stream in a scorching desert.

I have seen your power and your glory in the place of worship. Your love means more than life to me, and I praise you. As long as I live, I will pray to you.  I will sing joyful praises and be filled with excitement like a guest at a banquet.

I think about you before I go to sleep, and my thoughts turn to you during the night. 

Psalm 63:1-6

What do you think about before you go to sleep each night?  Many people fall asleep thinking about the regrets of that day.  The things that you did, but you wish you had not done can run over and over through your mind like a "broken record." Those are thoughts that can in fact keep you from sleeping and you wonder if the night is ever going to end!

King David had a difficult life, to say the least, but he tells us in Psalm 63 how he quieted his mind and slept peacefully through the night!  David thought about God before he went to sleep, and his thoughts turned to God during the night!  

The Bible tells us that we should think about good things.  What is better to think about than God Himself?  And, I believe the most amazing thought about God is this: Jesus loves me!  The Creator of all there is, the One who rules the universe and all Eternity, loves me, and He loves you!  That one thought, if you truly believe it, will drive all the worries from your heart and mind and let you rest in peace!

"Lord Jesus, show me how to think about You before I sleep at night.  And may thoughts of You fill my dreams as I sleep!  Praise Your Holy Name, now and forever.  Amen."





No comments:

Post a Comment