Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Blessing of Forgetting

I wipe away your sins because of who I am. And so, I will forget the wrongs you have done.

Isaiah 43:25
          

In a few days I will be 73 years old!  In some ways that doesn’t seem possible.  It took a long time, but I have become the person I pitied when I was young.  I thought it must be a bad thing to be old and grey and be weaker and even quite forgetful.
            
But now that I am old and grey, weaker and forgetful, I have come to realize something of the beauty of being old!
            
I may have forgotten lots of facts, but my mind is awash in remembered feelings!  I remember the love of my mother and her tenderness when I was a child.  I remember how I felt about my father who still impresses me in my memory.  And I remember my early childhood feelings about God.  “God is great, God is good, let us thank Him for our food” may have been a memorized prayer, but I was reminded every meal about the goodness and greatness of God!
            
When you wake up one morning, look in the mirror and discover that you are old, don’t fret.  God will help you remember what you need to remember and, praise His Name, He will help you forget the things that need to be forgotten!
           
The Bible says that God remembers our sin “no more.” So as we grow more and more like Him we will forget our sin as well.
          
"Lord, You have blessed me with a wonderful forgetfulness of my sins, and also with the blessing of always remembering Your amazing and everlasting love.  May Your Name be Praised now and forever, Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment