Friday, June 7, 2019

Old and Gray and Safe





"You survivors in Israel, listen to me, the LORD. Since the day you were born, I have carried you along. I will still be the same when you are old and gray, and I will take care of you. I created you. I will carry you and always keep you safe."
Isaiah 46:3-4
What has God done for you? We are often encouraged to consider what we can do for God, but perhaps we should stop long enough to think about what He has done for us!
God created a planet which was not too hot or too cold. He put oxygen on it so we could breathe, and water to drink, along with fruits and vegetables and other food to eat. He made animals to help us work the land and for companionship. God gave us families so we could enjoy loving relationships and learn more about the Father, Son and Holy Spirit!
Without God’s constant provision for life itself we would not be able to live even an hour on this earth!
God has also given us a purpose for living this life. My purpose is to yield to the leading of the Holy Spirit with every action I take every day!
On the day that you were born, God cared for you and protected you from harm. And on your last day on this earth He will do the same! Some people believe that a new born baby is not important and is unworthy of protection by law. Often they believe the same thing about those who are old.
If you believe God has forgotten you, take a long slow breath and thank Him for it!
“Lord Jesus You have not only created me, but You have given me everything I need for life here on earth, and forever with You in Heaven. May Your Holy and Righteous Name be praised now and forever, Amen!”

No comments:

Post a Comment