Monday, June 10, 2019

Christians Are Not Actors




I thank Christ Jesus our Lord. He has given me the strength for my work because he knew that he could trust me. I used to say terrible and insulting things about him, and I was cruel. But he had mercy on me because I didn't know what I was doing, and I had not yet put my faith in him. Christ Jesus our Lord was very kind to me. He has greatly blessed my life with faith and love just like his own. "Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners." This saying is true, and it can be trusted. I was the worst sinner of all! But since I was worse than anyone else, God had mercy on me and let me be an example of the endless patience of Christ Jesus. He did this so that others would put their faith in Christ and have eternal life. I pray that honor and glory will always be given to the only God, who lives forever and is the invisible and eternal King! Amen.

1 Timothy 1:12-17

The Apostle Paul is the best example of how God uses your terrible past to make your life a powerful proclamation of His great love and mercy!

Jesus is not looking for “good people,” who join His team and make Him look good to everyone else! Jesus is looking for the worst among us, so He can change them into the very best they can be! The Bible even says that our righteousness is like filthy rags. On your own, you “fall short of the Glory of God!”

If you study the Bible and read about Jesus so you can learn to “act like Jesus,” then your life is only an “act” and you are an actor! But if you give everything you have and are to Jesus and turn away from your sins, He will transform your heart and let you “be like Jesus.” The difference is dramatic. When you “are like Jesus” instead of just “acting like Jesus” everyone will know that you truly met the Lord and are becoming more like Him every day!

If you consider yourself “too bad” to become a Christian remember this: You cannot be too bad to give your heart to Jesus, but you can consider yourself too good to need His Blood as a sacrifice for your sins!

“Lord Jesus, use my terrible sin to show every being in all the Cosmos how great, wonderful, loving and merciful You are, were and ever will be! Praise Your Holy Name, now and forever, Amen!”

No comments:

Post a Comment