Sunday, June 16, 2019

Hiding From or Running To God



Click Here to Listen to Blog

From east to west, the powerful LORD God has been calling together everyone on earth. God shines brightly from Zion, the most beautiful city. Our God approaches, but not silently; a flaming fire comes first, and a storm surrounds him. God comes to judge his people. He shouts to the heavens and to the earth, "Call my followers together! They offered me a sacrifice, and we made an agreement." The heavens announce, "God is the judge, and he is always honest." My people, I am God! Israel, I am your God. Listen to my charges against you. Although you offer sacrifices and always bring gifts, I won't accept your offerings of bulls and goats. Every animal in the forest belongs to me, and so do the cattle on a thousand hills. I know all the birds in the mountains, and every wild creature is in my care. If I were hungry, I wouldn't tell you, because I own the world and everything in it.

Psalm 50:1-12

Who owns the world? It is not Satan! God declares in Psalm 50 that He owns the world and everything in it! Satan created nothing. He is not the author of anything good.

The world system is under the control of Satan and he wants to control your life as well. The Devil can do many things, but he cannot keep you from turning your heart to Jesus Christ! Satan has no power to stop you from responding to the call of Christ. When Adam and Eve sinned and turned away from God, God called out to Adam and asked the first man “where are you.” Of course, Adam was hiding from God when he heard the Call of God!

In the presence of God, there are only two human activities. The first is "hiding from God" and the second is "running after God!" You will do one or the other. If you are not seeking God, then you will be seeking to hide from Him!

If you choose to pursue God and run to the Heavenly Father, you must first come out of your hiding place and call His Holy Name!

“Lord Jesus, help me today to stay out of the hiding place that I so often seek to keep me away from You. May Your Name be praised now and forever, Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment