Monday, April 30, 2012

Chasing After the Wind!

Listen to this blog.

Jesus said to his disciples:

If you love me, you will do as I command.  Then I will ask the Father to send you the Holy Spirit who will help you and always be with you.

The Spirit will show you what is true. The people of this world cannot accept the Spirit, because they don't see or know him. But you know the Spirit, who is with you and will keep on living in you.

I won't leave you like orphans. I will come back to you. In a little while the people of this world won't be able to see me, but you will see me. And because I live, you will live.  Then you will know that I am one with the Father. You will know that you are one with me, and I am one with you.

If you love me, you will do what I have said, and my Father will love you. I will also love you and show you what I am like.

John 14:15-21

Jesus and the Holy Spirit are invisible to the people of this world but not to Christians. We wonder why some men make fun of us for following Jesus. But they cannot see Him and to them we look like we are chasing after the wind!

Then, and this is sad, sometimes men will decide to follow Jesus but they never see Him. So they pretend to see Jesus and just chase after the wind themselves. They see others who do see Jesus and try to copy them in their Christian walk. But they have never seen the Lord for themselves.

The same is true for the Holy Spirit. The world cannot see Him and cannot know Him. Only those who are disciples of Jesus can see and know the Holy Spirit.

So if you are struggling with your Christian life I would ask you this: Do you see Jesus and do you see and know the Holy Spirit? If you do not, then perhaps you are simply pretending to be a follower of Jesus.

Give up the pretense and seriously commit to live each moment of this day according to His will and the leading of the Holy Spirit. When you pretend to be a believer you will also have to pretend to see Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment