Friday, April 13, 2012

Look for the White Horse!

Listen to this blog.

I looked and saw heaven was open, and a white horse was there. Its rider was called Faithful and True, and he is always fair when he judges or goes to war.

He had eyes like flames of fire, and he was wearing a lot of crowns. His name was written on him, but he was the only one who knew what the name meant.

The rider wore a robe that was covered with blood, and he was known as “The Word of God.”  He was followed by armies from heaven that rode on white horses and were dressed in pure white linen. 

From his mouth a sharp sword went out to attack the nations. He will rule them with an iron rod and will show the fierce anger of God All-Powerful by trampling the grapes in the pit where wine is made.

On the part of the robe that covered his thigh was written, “KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.”

Revelation 19:11-16

It makes me feel quite old to tell you this, but I remember traveling across the United States with my family before the days of the Interstate Highway and at a time when there were still lots of useful horses on farms in America. As a way to occupy our time my mother would tell my brother and I to look for and count white horses.

At that time there were enough horses on farms that we could look for white ones instead of just looking for horses. If I were to play the game today I suppose we would look for John Deer tractors.

I wonder when men first discovered that God created horses with the amazing ability to give a man the freedom to go fast and leap over fences.

When she was a little girl, my wife had a horse named Duke. She never specifically told me, but I'm sure that if Heaven meets up to her expectations she will have a horse to ride and I would not be surprised if it is Duke!

When I was a boy we would look for a white horse when we traveled. Now that I am an old man I realize that the greatest journey I will ever make is ahead of me. And on that trip it will be the same as when I was a boy. When I go to Heaven I will certainly look for the White Horse with Jesus on his back!

No comments:

Post a Comment