Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Lost Are Found!

Listen to this blog.

God blesses those people
whose hearts are pure.
They will see him!

Matthew 5:8

A few months ago I safely put away a small electronic remote control so that I would not lose it. Then, of course I forgot where I put it. A few weeks ago I began the search for it and came up with nothing. I looked and looked and even cleaned up my office in the pursuit. But it seems it had vanished.

The day before yesterday I asked my wife to pray with me, that God would show me where I had put it. I went immediately to my office and within a minute I saw the lost remote clipped to the edge of a bookshelf. I had searched the bookshelf lots of times and had looked diligently only inches from where it was all the time in plain view. My eyes were blinded to it until I prayed and God opened my eyes and let me see the thing that was lost.

Matthew 5:8 clearly says that without a pure heart you cannot see God.  If you cannot see God, you cannot recognize that He is there all the time and involved in every minute of your day.

"Lord purify my heart that I may see You and Lord let me see the ones around me who are lost so that I can bring them the Good News of what You have already done for them!  With you Lord, the blind can see and the lost are found!"

No comments:

Post a Comment