Saturday, April 21, 2012

Restoration!

 

Listen to this blog.

I have sinned and done wrong
since the day I was born.

But you want complete honesty,
so teach me true wisdom.

Wash me with hyssop until I am clean
and whiter than snow.

Let me be happy and joyful!
You crushed my bones,
now let them celebrate.

Turn your eyes from my sin
and cover my guilt.

Create pure thoughts in me
and make me faithful again.

Don't chase me away from you
or take your Holy Spirit
away from me.

Make me as happy as you did
when you saved me;
make me want to obey!

I will teach sinners your Law,
and they will return to you.

Keep me from any deadly sin.
Only you can save me!
Then I will shout and sing
about your power to save.

Help me to speak,
and I will praise you, Lord.

Offerings and sacrifices
are not what you want.

The way to please you
is to be truly sorry
deep in our hearts.
This is the kind of sacrifice
you won't refuse.

Psalm 51:5-17

A man after God's own heart was tempted and then he sinned. King David is perhaps the best example in the Bible of someone with whom we can identify in our repentance from sin and restoration to fellowship with God.

David's part was to confess to God that he had sinned. God's part was to wash David, make him happy, create pure thoughts in the King, make him want to obey, and to help him speak so David could praise the Lord again.

Restoration to fellowship with God is based on confession and repentance but God re-establishes the relationship.

Don't take pride like a recovering alcoholic in how many days you have gone without sinning against God. Remember pride itself may be the sin that ruins your record.

Instead take pride in Jesus Christ who has already paid the price for every sin that has or will ever be committed.

"Jesus I confess to you that my sin separates me from fellowship with you, and I do not want that. Restore me Lord right now to the joy I had when I first knew your forgiveness! Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment