Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Purify My Language!

Listen to this blog.

The [Lord] said:
Just wait for the day
when I accuse you nations.
I have decided on a day,
when I will bring together
every nation and kingdom
and punish them all
in my fiery anger.
I will become furious
and destroy the earth.

I will purify each language
and make those languages
acceptable for praising me.
Then, with hearts united,
everyone will serve
only me, the [Lord].

From across the rivers
of Ethiopia,
my scattered people,
my true worshipers,
will bring offerings to me.

When that time comes,
you won't rebel against me
and be put to shame.
I'll do away with those
who are proud and arrogant.
Never will any of them
strut around
on my holy mountain.

But I, the [Lord], won't destroy
any of your people
who are truly humble
and turn to me for safety.

Zephaniah 3:8-12

I knew a man who says he was very accomplished at using "bad language" although I never heard him do it. His testimony is that when he turned his heart to Jesus and was buried with Him his language was purified and he stopped cursing!

It is easy for us to forget that even as there is power in God's Word, there is power in the words that we speak as well. Every friendship is built on the words that are spoken by both people. Of course what you say must be confirmed by what you do, but the words we speak to each other are essential for the relationship to last.

When one person in that relationship begins to speak badly of the other or be ashamed to admit that they are friends then that communion begins to crumble and fall apart.

Has your speech been purified by the Lord? Is every word you utter appropriate for His ears? And when you are with those who don't know Him do you hide your love for Jesus?

"Lord deepen my love for You and give me the courage to let that love be seen by everyone I encounter today. In every conversation I have show me how to lift You up by confessing my love for You. Purify my language so that it will be acceptable for praising You! Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment