Sunday, April 15, 2012

Too Late to Repent!

Listen to this blog.

I can't stand the pain!
My heart pounds,
as I twist and turn in agony.
I hear the signal trumpet
and the battle cry of the enemy,
and I cannot be silent.

I see the enemy defeating us
time after time,
leaving everything in ruins.
Even my own home
is destroyed in a moment.

How long will I see enemy flags
and hear their trumpets?

I heard the [Lord] say,
“My people ignore me.
They are foolish children
who do not understand
that they will be punished.
All they know is how to sin.”

After this, I looked around.
The earth was barren,
with no form of life.
The sun, moon, and stars
had disappeared.

The mountains were shaking;

no people could be seen,
and all the birds
had flown away.

Farmland had become a desert,
and towns were in ruins.
The [Lord]'s fierce anger
had done all of this.

Jeremiah 4:19-26

There is extreme shock and an unspoken shout of "Oh God no!" when tragedy strikes. One minute before everything is like it has always been and then nothing is ever the same again.

It may be the death of a loved one, the sudden and unexpected loss of a job or a tornado that blows away everything you own.

It was a beautiful sunny day in Ohio on June 15, 1992 and all was well, but by nine o'clock that night our sixteen year old daughter, Leah had died. Without warning everything changed and almost twenty years later it is hard to tell you about it. She had been driving for less than a year when apparently a small pot hole sent the car out of control and into a tree. She died later that day in surgery.

The United States of America and much of the rest of the world is like a car going out of control. We ignore the limits God has placed on men and laugh at the signs of coming judgment. We bravely declare that God would not do anything to hurt us. Our highest official has declared that we are not a Christian nation and we still snuff out the lives of thousands and thousands of children before they are born.

The moment of reckoning will come and we will be held accountable for our sins! Let your voice be heard warning everyone to stop sinning against God before it is too late to repent!

No comments:

Post a Comment