Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Citizen of Heaven!

Listen to this blog.

Turn to the [Lord]!
He can still be found.
Call out to God! He is near.

Give up your evil ways
and your evil thoughts.
Return to the [Lord] our God.
He will be merciful
and forgive your sins.

The [Lord] says:
“My thoughts and my ways
are not like yours.

Just as the heavens
are higher than the earth,
my thoughts and my ways
are higher than yours.

“Rain and snow fall from the sky.
But they don't return
without watering the earth
that produces seeds to plant
and grain to eat.

That's how it is with my words.
They don't return to me
without doing everything
I send them to do.”

Isaiah 55:6-11

When you go to another country to live, you must learn the language and culture of that country. Words have meanings, but actions do as well. It may take a long time, but the goal is to learn to think and act like a citizen of that new country. It is only from the perspective of living in one culture that you can objectively evaluate the culture from which you came.

The thoughts and ways of God are not like ours. They are higher, much higher than ours. When you begin to think and act like God you can look back at this world and see it for what it is. But from the perspective of this earth we cannot even grasp much of what God is like and what it will be like to live in Heaven with Jesus.

But on earth is where we begin the process of changing into the likeness of Jesus Christ. Our job here is to learn the thoughts and ways of God. After a long life of following Jesus here we really have only just begun the process of becoming like Him. A miraculous transformation of our hearts and minds enables us to act and think like citizens of Heaven.

"Lord Jesus teach me today one more way of acting like a Citizen of Heaven. Show me one of the ways of Heaven that those of us here on earth do not know. And Lord, give me the courage today to act like I belong to the Kingdom of Heaven. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment