Friday, May 4, 2012

Day One in Heaven!

Listen to this blog.

The Law has shown me that something in me keeps me from doing what I know is right. With my whole heart I agree with the Law of God.  But in every part of me I discover something fighting against my mind, and it makes me a prisoner of sin that controls everything I do.  What a miserable person I am. Who will rescue me from this body that is doomed to die?

Thank God! Jesus Christ will rescue me.

So with my mind I serve the Law of God, although my selfish desires make me serve the law of sin.

Romans 7:21-25

The Bible says that there will be wars and rumors of wars before the second coming of Jesus. Most of those wars, you can read about in the newspaper or watch on cable news. But there is one war that doesn't get much publicity. It is the war that is going on in your heart.

In your mind you want to follow Jesus and be totally committed to listening to every directive from the Holy Spirit. But at every turn you are drawn away from God and tempted not to be obedient to His commands.

Perhaps the most difficult part about your struggle with sin is that you look around at other Christians and they don't appear to be having any struggles and temptations at all! Don't forget that the Apostle Paul confessed that the war was going on in his heart in Romans 7.

Frankly, if you say there is no war in your heart, you are not telling the truth. The truth is that there is a war, but Jesus Christ was sent to rescue me!

The first day you spend without any struggle and temptation will be day one in Heaven. On that day the war in your heart will be over! Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment