Thursday, May 31, 2012

Sovereign in My Heart!

Listen to this blog.

The [Lord] is going to take away your job!

He will give your official robes and your authority to his servant Eliakim son of Hilkiah.
Eliakim will be like a father to the people of Jerusalem and to the royal family of Judah.   The [Lord] will put him in charge of the key that belongs to King David's family. No one will be able to unlock what he locks, and no one will be able to lock what he unlocks.

The [Lord] will make him as firm in his position as a tent peg hammered in the ground, and Eliakim will bring honor to his family.

His children and relatives will be supported by him, like pans hanging from a peg on the wall.  That peg is fastened firmly now, but someday it will be shaken loose and fall down. Then everything that was hanging on it will be destroyed. This is what the [Lord] All-Powerful has promised.

Isaiah 22:19-25

There is no Biblical justification to support the idea that God does not touch the hand of history and move events to suit His will. Story after story in Scripture show how God Himself was the ultimate force behind the events.

We also have free will, but God freely enters in to the mix of what is happening today as He orchestrates the outcome according to His choice! The Sovereignty of God and the free will of man are two pieces of the same puzzle. Romans 8:28 gives a hint at how that works.

We would rather analyze and even debate about the Sovereignty of God in the world than open the door and let God be the Sovereign of our hearts. When Jesus becomes the Lord of your life, you are inviting Him to exercise Sovereignty over everything in it.

Jesus rejected His will for the will of God as he struggled in the garden on the night before He was crucified. That is my best example of how to make Him the Lord in my life. I come before Him and let Him know what I want, but then I yield my will to His and submit myself to the Cross that I must bear. That will finally bring the greatest joy!

"Lord, give me the strength to embrace the path You have decided that I should travel. Let me see Your hand moving on my heart as I take the steps for today's walk with You! Amen!"

No comments:

Post a Comment