Tuesday, May 15, 2012

God's Word Written on Your Heart!



Listen to this blog.

At that time the Lord said to me, “Chisel out two stone tablets like the first ones and come up to me on the mountain. Also make a wooden ark. I will write on the tablets the words that were on the first tablets, which you broke. Then you are to put them in the ark.” So I made the ark out of acacia wood and chiseled out two stone tablets like the first ones, and I went up on the mountain with the two tablets in my hands. The Lord wrote on these tablets what he had written before, the Ten Commandments he had proclaimed to you on the mountain, out of the fire, on the day of the assembly. And the Lord gave them to me. Then I came back down the mountain and put the tablets in the ark I had made, as the Lord commanded me, and they are there now.”
Deuteronomy 10:1-5

God wants to write on the tablet of your heart. And then He wants you to safely store your heart in an ark that will protect it from the flood of unrighteousness that is destroying the world.

Like the hard drive in a computer there is only so much room on your heart. If you fill up your heart with the things of this world and your own pleasures there will be little room for God’s finger to write His will on your life. We play so many games that take up room on the hard drive of our heart that simply take time away from being with God.

Go through your heart today like you would a computer hard drive and delete everything that is not essential to your walk with Jesus. Now take the room you have made and make it available to God for Him to permanently inscribe His Word on your heart!

“Lord, write on the tablet of my heart today. Help me to joyfully receive Your Word and even the pain of Your permanent mark on me. And Lord, show me today how to make room for more of Your Word on my heart. Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment