Monday, May 14, 2012

God's Teleprompter


Listen to this blog.

And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests.  With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.  Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains.  Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.
Ephesians 6:18-20

The President of the United States has been criticized for using and needing to use a teleprompter when he speaks.  And of course that judgment is fair enough since a man holding that office should know enough and be capable enough to speak without all his words being written for him by someone else.  There have been a few memorable times when the current President has spoken his own words and has caused a fire storm of controversy.  So it is a good thing when the President can speak without a teleprompter and comfortably articulate truth without turmoil.

But what about you as a follower of Jesus Christ?   The apostle Paul prayed that when he spoke God would give him the right words.   The Holy Spirit is in reality God’s teleprompter.  He is fully able to give us the proper words to speak in any situation.  If your heart is willing to let God’s Spirit direct your speech then words will come that will even amaze you because they are so very appropriate to the current situation.
   
Christians also get in trouble when they try to speak without the teleprompter.   When you use your words instead of God’s Word the result is almost always truth with turmoil.  But when you rely on the Words that come from God the storms are calmed by His awesome selection. 

“Lord, my pride wants to choose the words that I speak and take the credit when they succeed.  Forgive me for seeking the glory that belongs only to You.  Lord, like the ventriloquist’s dummy let my mouth move but all the Words come straight from You.  Amen!”

No comments:

Post a Comment