Saturday, May 12, 2012

He's Doing It Again


Listen to this blog.

My friends, I want you to know that no one made up the message I preach.
 It wasn't given or taught to me by some mere human. My message came directly from Jesus Christ when he appeared to me. You know how I used to live as a Jew. I was cruel to God's church and even tried to destroy it.  I was a much better Jew than anyone else my own age, and I obeyed every law our ancestors had given us.  But even before I was born, God had chosen me by his gift of undeserved grace and had decided  to show me his Son, so I would announce his message to the Gentiles. I didn't talk this over with anyone.
I didn't say a word, not even to the men in Jerusalem who were apostles before I was.  Instead, I went at once to Arabia, and afterwards I returned to Damascus.
Galatians 1:11-17
Saul, the persecutor of the Church became a follower when Jesus Himself appeared to Saul on the road to Damascus. I have always assumed that this was a one time exception to the rule that Jesus sent men out to make disciples and teach them to obey Him. Apparently it was not the only time it happened, because it is happening again today.
Today there are those who are so hostile to the church and the message of Jesus that anyone who would come to preach it will be killed. That is no problem for God. Just like Saul whose name was changed to Paul those who would kill Christians are having Jesus appear to them in dreams and visions.
It is hard to kill a dream! And so the power of the Good News of Jesus is not stopped by those who oppose it. Like the power of a flood if you stand in its way you will be overcome by it.
The exciting part for you and me is that we can ride the waves of the work of spreading His message to the entire world. Ask Jesus to let you be a part of what He is doing in the world today. It will truly be the ride of your life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment