Saturday, January 26, 2013

All My Sin

Click here to listen to blog

I saw a new heaven and a new earth. The first heaven and the first earth had disappeared, and so had the sea.  Then I saw New Jerusalem, the holy city, coming down from God in heaven. It was like a bride dressed in her wedding gown and ready to meet her husband.

I heard a loud voice shout from the throne:

God's home is now with his people. He will live with them, and they will be his own. Yes, God will make his home among his people. He will wipe all tears from their eyes, and there will be no more death, suffering, crying, or pain. These things of the past are gone forever.

Then the one sitting on the throne said:

I am making everything new. Write down what I have said. My words are true and can be trusted.  Everything is finished! I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will freely give water from the life-giving fountain to everyone who is thirsty.  All who win the victory will be given these blessings. I will be their God, and they will be my people.

Revelation 21:1-7

Death, suffering, crying and pain are all temporary. They are going away. When Jesus comes and we go to live with Him forever none of those earthly traumas will accompany us to Glory!

Even though we know that God works good in us through all of these while we are here, they will be no more forever! My latest encounter with these "earth only difficulties" is suffering. When one that you love dearly is going through a mighty trial there can be physical pain in your own body as you long for some way to take away their pain.

When Jesus looked down at the desperate plight of man, He was moved by His love to address the issue of sin. So Jesus not only became our advocate with the Father, He also paid the price for every sin ever committed, including the first sin of Adam and Eve! He started there but also included the sin that you committed this morning!

There is indeed nothing more amazing than the love of Jesus. I can rest in His arms and know all is well. It doesn't matter where I am. I can be on the pinnacle or in the deepest pit. Jesus' love is there and covers me with His peace. His hand is resting on my head as I bow humbly before my Lord and Savior.

"Lord Jesus, I know that Your sacrifice was enough for every sin of every man or woman who ever lived and that Lord includes my sin. Help me today to say "no" to every temptation to sin! Today Lord let me walk in Your steps and rejoice that we will be together forever! Come soon, Lord Jesus. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment