Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Last Man Saved!

Click here to listen to blog.

You bless everyone

who lives in your house,

and they sing your praises.

 

You bless all who depend

on you for their strength

and all who deeply desire

to visit your temple.

 

When they reach Dry Valley,

springs start flowing,

and the autumn rain fills it

with pools of water.

 

Your people grow stronger,

and you, the God of gods,

will be seen in Zion.

 

Lord God All-Powerful,

the God of Jacob,

please answer my prayer!

 

You are the shield

that protects your people,

and I am your chosen one.

Won't you smile on me?

 

One day in your temple

is better than a thousand

anywhere else.

I would rather serve

in your house,

than live in the homes

of the wicked.

Psalm 84:4-10

If Cain's brother Abel was the first one to go to Heaven who will be the last? There will be a moment in time when the final human being will turn his or her heart to Jesus and let God have His way with them. Then it will be complete.

When the Titanic sank after hitting an iceberg there were many lost souls, but there were some who were saved. According to one report the last man rescued was Col. Archibald Gracie, who actually went down with the ship, but was later plucked from the icy water.

Are you hoping to be the last man saved just before Jesus returns? Do you know that without Jesus there is no hope for eternity? Your plan, if you can call it a plan, is to turn to Jesus and repent at just the last second before it is too late!

If you intend to be the "last man saved" how do you know that He will not return while you are sound asleep?

Give up trying to manipulate God and turn your heart to Him right now! Don't wait another day, or hour, minute or even another second.

"Lord, I confess to You that I have been wanting to repent of my sin just before You return so I can enjoy 'the pleasures of sin for a season.' How foolish of me Lord. Right now I give You everything in my life. I give You my heart, and I turn away from the world and all the sin that has enticed me for so long. Make me clean like Jesus and give me the peace that cannot be understood in this turmoil filled world. Lord, I want to spent not just one day in Your house, but every day, forever! In Jesus Name. Amen!"

No comments:

Post a Comment