Monday, January 28, 2013

Eternal Promise

Click here to listen to blog

The Lord is our God, bringing justice everywhere on earth.

He will never forget his agreement or his promises, not in thousands of years.

God made an eternal promise to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, when he said, “I'll give you the land of Canaan.”

Psalm 105:7-11

For human beings, growing older and being forgetful seem to go hand in hand. Not a day goes by that I don't forget something. I work at forgetting only the non essential things.
God in some ways is the same. Because of Jesus God forgets my sin, but He never forgets His promises! I'm sure you have heard someone say, "I can forgive, but I will never forget." That is not the kind of forgiveness offered by God. When I come to Jesus my sin is covered by His blood and is remembered no more!

But the promises of God do not change and are not forgotten. God promised the land of Canaan to the Jewish people, and thousands of years later they are still there. They have been exiled before, but they always come back, and no one has been able to destroy them all. It is not because the Jews are wonderful, it is because God promised that it would be so!

No nation has ever been able to bring harm against the Jewish people without God allowing it to serve His purposes. Of all the evidences of God in this world, one of the most obvious is the very existence of the nation of Israel.

"Lord, Your promises are forever and cannot go unfulfilled. Help me watch for how You are doing the things You said You would do in this world. And Lord, may Your promise to come back and get us, come soon! Amen."

1 comment: