Monday, January 14, 2013

God Uses the Ungodly!

Click here to listen to blog

I am King Cyrus of Persia.

The Lord God of heaven, who is also the God of Israel, has made me the ruler of all nations on earth. And he has chosen me to build a temple for him in Jerusalem, which is in Judah. The Lord God will watch over and encourage any of his people who want to go back to Jerusalem and help build the temple.

Ezra 1:2-3

Does God only work through Godly people? The answer to that is certainly "No!" God does His work and uses people who are righteous or people who are unrighteous. God uses the forces of nature, and He uses a talking donkey when He needs to!

It is easy to believe that my life can only be used by God when I am living according to His Word and submitted to Him in my heart. God used Pharaoh, Herod, Pilate, and Cyrus King of Persia. Never forget that God used Judas to accomplish His purpose of letting Jesus go to the Cross for all of us!

Take no pride in how God has used you in His service. He will use you whether or not you are living in submission to Him. You have the choice however to be used as was King David, who was a man after God's own heart, or you can be used as Judas was used in his rebellion and sin!

"Lord, I know that Your purposes in this world will be accomplished, and that no rebellion of mankind or even my own rebellion will change that. But Lord, I want to be used as a man after Your heart and not as one who rebels against You. Show me today Lord the steps to take. And may my heart be given totally to You. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment