Saturday, January 5, 2013

The Whole Truth!

Click here to listen to blog

I have much more to say to you, but right now it would be more than you could understand.  The Spirit shows what is true and will come and guide you into the full truth. The Spirit doesn't speak on his own. He will tell you only what he has heard from me, and he will let you know what is going to happen.  The Spirit will bring glory to me by taking my message and telling it to you.  Everything the Father has is mine. This is why I have said that the Spirit takes my message and tells it to you.

John 16:12-15

When you sit down and speak with a little child about life and what he or she should know in order to live it well, you come to understand a little of the frustration God Himself experiences in speaking to us about Eternity!

The simplest things for God are far to difficult for the wisest man to understand. And so the Holy Spirit guides us into the full truth. It is a little like building a tall building. You must start at the bottom and go up from there. When you build a building you cannot skip a floor. Each new level is built on the one that comes before it. The next level of your life with Jesus must be built on the current one.

I like to ponder the top floor. I enjoy thinking about what it will be like when I soar above the world with Jesus and can see from the pinnacle of my life the things of Eternity. But Jesus wants me to focus on today and the challenge of loving today's enemy or doing the good work that He has set before me.

When you climb a set of steps you cannot navigate the final step until you have taken all the others.

"Lord I know that there is so much You could tell me that right now I would not understand. But one day I will understand as the Holy Spirit guides me into all the truth! Hold my hand Lord and lead me on. Let me see new realities every day. Show me the truth for today that I have never seen before. Thank You Jesus. Amen!"

No comments:

Post a Comment