Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Dog Food!

Click here to listen to blog

You are my chosen people, so don't eat the meat of any of your livestock that was killed by a wild animal. Instead, feed the meat to dogs.

Exodus 22:31

There is at least one other mention of dog food in the Bible. In Matthew 15:26 Jesus said, "It isn't right to take food away from children and feed it to dogs."

I once worked with a man who liked to shock his co-workers by bringing dog food to work and eating it in front of others. It frankly is still disgusting to think about seeing him eat dog food.

I also remember a quart jar filled with catfish bate which consisted mostly of blood and was labeled "Not Suitable for Human Consumption." It was so awful smelling and looking that I can't imagine anyone even tasting it, much less eating it!

The world is serving, every day a plate of spiritual food that is "Not Suitable for Human Consumption." You can't keep the opportunity to consume corruption from arising, but you can keep your finger out of the jar and you can refuse even one bite! Remember it was not the second bite that Adam and Eve took of the fruit that has caused us all so much trouble.

Here is an idea. When Satan offers you a morsel to eat imagine that he is giving you a plate of rotten meat full of maggots and worms! Think about my jar of catfish bate and just say no! Eating rotten meat will make you sick and eating food that Satan gives you will make you spiritually sick as well. If you wonder why you are having spiritual difficulty, it may be because you have been eating dog food all day long!

"Lord Jesus, give me the food today that I need to eat so that I can grow strong in You! Open my eyes that I can see and recognize the things that I must not consume. And may You be glorified by my life, every minute of every day! Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment