Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Way It Ends!

Click here if your connection is too slow for video.

I heard a loud voice shout from the throne:

God's home is now with his people. He will live with them, and they will be his own. Yes, God will make his home among his people.  He will wipe all tears from their eyes, and there will be no more death, suffering, crying, or pain. These things of the past are gone forever.

Then the one sitting on the throne said:

I am making everything new. Write down what I have said. My words are true and can be trusted.  Everything is finished! I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will freely give water from the life-giving fountain to everyone who is thirsty.  All who win the victory will be given these blessings. I will be their God, and they will be my people.

Revelation 21:3-7

If you enjoy reading novels you know that part of the pleasure is trying to figure out how the story ends. I don't read very many novels, but of those I have read, rarely do I accurately guess how it will end. The weaving of the final details of the book usually take a few unexpected turns that leave me amazed and sometimes even astonished at the way it ends.

There are many followers of Jesus who spend lots of time trying to understand the End Times and how it will all work out. For some it becomes an overwhelming passion and the focus of everything they do. They chart the process and explain in great detail every move that they expect to see in the world as we approach that day. And if you look around you see that there are many different scenarios proclaimed to be absolutely "the truth!"

Instead of trying to pick a popular End Times explanation and spend your time defending it against other options, why not spend your time thinking about "Christ in you, the hope of glory." (Colossians 1:27)

Are we living in the End Times? Is the coming of Jesus Christ just around the corner, or even today? The answer to both of those questions is: It certainly seems that these are the days. So if there is something that you need to do before Jesus comes, today is the day to do it! Today is not the day to argue about biblical interpretations and prophecy fulfillment.

Like the approaching end of a well written novel we will all find the Coming of Jesus to be beyond our understanding and better in every way than we could ever imagine. Spend this day letting Jesus touch your heart with His love. Let Him show you the steps He wants you to take today. Then with reckless abandon walk in that direction!

"Lord Jesus, I know you may be coming soon, and I know that this life is so short for all humans that I will be seeing You soon even if Your coming is many years away. Show me something today that You desire that I should do before I see You face to face, and strengthen my heart to do it! Jesus do COME QUICKLY! Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment