Saturday, August 22, 2015

Evil People Must be Removed!


Click here to listen to blog
God is praised for being mysterious;  rulers are praised for explaining mysteries.  Who can fully understand the thoughts of a ruler?  They reach beyond the sky and go deep in the earth.   Silver must be purified before it can be used to make something of value.   Evil people must be removed before anyone can rule with justice.

Proverbs 25:2-5


Solomon wrote these words and he was the best example of a ruler who could explain the mysteries of God! Solomon was known for and praised for his wisdom. And that wisdom was given to Solomon by God Himself!

So listen carefully to what Solomon then says about how to rule with justice. He says that "evil people must be removed before anyone can rule with justice." Do you remember the U.S. presidential election a few years ago when there was a national debate about whether or not "character" mattered in the selection of a President of the United States? Enough people voted who believed that character was not an important qualification, and a man was elected who did not have "good character" written on his resume. The aftermath of that decision is still plaguing the government of the United States!

I may have no power to remove evil people from my land, but I can do something about making sure that I am not one of them! I can remove evil from my life and heart! I can stand against evil in my heart, walk away from it when I see it, and run away if I need to! As a follower of Jesus, with the Holy Spirit living in my heart, He can remove the evil from my life!

"Lord Jesus, I choose again today to let You clean my heart and mind and create in me a clean heart! Remove all evil from my life and fill me with Your Love! And may You be praised forever. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment