Sunday, August 16, 2015

No Other Help in Desperate Times!



I asked the Lord for help,    and he saved me
    from all my fears.
Keep your eyes on the Lord!
You will shine like the sun
    and never blush with shame.
I was a nobody, but I prayed,
    and the Lord saved me
    from all my troubles.
If you honor the Lord,
    his angel will protect you.
Discover for yourself
    that the Lord is kind.
    Come to him for protection,
    and you will be glad.

Psalm 34:4-8

Who can save us? The world itself is falling apart. When you think you see a glimmer of hope in the world, it quickly fades as even more darkness rolls over the land! It is not an overstatement to say that these are desperate times! And desperate times call for desperate actions!

Here is the most radical response you can give to all the insanity in the world! Keep your eyes on Jesus. Let the focus of your heart and mind as well as your eyes be Jesus Christ. Think about Him all the time. Talk to Him about everything you see and hear in your day. Live your day as if Jesus was carrying you in His arms all day long. Respond to every word of "bad news" from the perspective of someone who is filled with the Holy Spirit of God, and consumed with the Fellowship of Jesus Himself!

Instead of asking "what will I do" when troubles come today, ask "what will Jesus do" since He is with me and has promised never to leave me, even to the end of the world?

Yes the "End of the World" may be near, but Jesus is near, and that is a certainty!

"Lord Jesus, help me today to walk with You and feel Your presence every minute of every hour. You Lord Jesus are everything I need and the solution to all my problems! And may You be praised forever. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment