Monday, August 3, 2015

"God Would Never Let this Happen!"


Click here to listen to blog 
From then on, Jesus began telling his disciples what would happen to him.  He said, “I must go to Jerusalem. There the nation's leaders, the chief priests, and the teachers of the Law of Moses will make me suffer terribly. I will be killed, but three days later I will rise to life.”   Peter took Jesus aside and told him to stop talking like that. He said, “God would never let this happen to you, Lord!”

Matthew 16:21-22

Peter heard what Jesus said about being killed and he reacted in a most human way. Peter thought he knew what God would and would not do and was convinced that God would never let Jesus be killed. Jesus rebuked Peter because Peter wanted to stand in the way of the will of God!

Don't walk in the steps of Peter in telling others what God would or would not do! My job is to listen to the voice of the Lord and walk in the way that He has called me. I am not to be the judge of others who follow Jesus and are listening for His Word. They will stand accountable to the Lord for whether or not they were obedient to His call.

Read Romans 14 about the weaker and stronger brother before deciding that you must get involved in a brother or sister's walk of faith! It is especially hard to understand the actions of someone whose faith is stronger than yours!

If Peter had been a contemporary of Abraham I am sure that he would have told the "Father of the Faithful" that God would never tell him to sacrifice Isaac!

"Lord Jesus, help me today to clearly hear Your voice and like Abraham be willing to obey You no matter what! And may You be praised forever. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment