Saturday, August 8, 2015

Power Not Words!



  
Ten thousand people may teach you about Christ, but I am your only father. You became my children when I told you about Christ Jesus,  and I want you to be like me.  This is why I sent Timothy to you. I love him like a son, and he is a faithful servant of the Lord. Timothy will tell you what I do to follow Christ and how it agrees with what I always teach about Christ in every church.  Some of you think I am not coming for a visit, and so you are bragging.   But if the Lord lets me come, I will soon be there. Then I will find out if the ones who are doing all this bragging really have any power.   God's kingdom isn't just a lot of words. It is power. 
1 Corinthians 4:15-20

Have you ever heard someone say "he can talk a good game?" That means that a man's words don't match what he can actually accomplish. For instance, you might learn everything that there is to know about golf, but not be able to swing the club and hit the ball at all! You might be an "expert" on swimming, but never get in the water!

Some people who claim to be followers of Jesus Christ have learned all about a relationship with Jesus without ever having fellowship with the Lord! These folks can spiritually "talk a good game."

Here is a sobering truth: You don't really learn what is in my heart by listening to me talk. We all know that there are professional actors who can "play a role" and make you think that they really are the person "created" by the author of the story!

The test of whether or not you are a genuinely "born again" believer is in how you live, not in what you say! So instead of spending time "practicing" your testimony, focus on spending your whole day depending on the Power of God and listening to the Holy Spirit as you walk in the steps of Jesus! Then your "testimony" will be what others say about you and not what you say about yourself!

"Lord Jesus, help me today to walk by the Power that comes only from You instead of simply talking about it! May You be praised forever. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment