Friday, July 17, 2009

A Place for Me!

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am."

John 14:1-3

People who lived through the “Great Depression” were permanently influenced by that experience. Most of those folks are now gone, but the lessons they learned still speak to us as we teeter on the edge of a potential worldwide financial catastrophe. We are all beginning to see the importance of many frugal things that didn’t seem so important just a few years ago. The “Great Depression” generation in our family learned to worry. In fact, if you did not worry about many things, you were tagged as irresponsible.

Jesus told me not to let my heart be troubled. That means I do not need to worry! In another place He said I should not worry about what I eat or drink. He also said I should not worry about what I am going to wear. He reminded me to look at the lilies and to consider them. If He takes care of the lilies then He is going to take care of me as well.

My newest granddaughter has been given the name “Lily.” I didn’t like it at first, but in light of Jesus comment about caring for lilies it is quite obviously a name inspired by heaven.

Lily is being cared for by God Himself! And if He takes care of Lily He will take care of me as well.

So today, I will take care of whatever I have opportunity to do and I will trust in God and not let my heart be troubled. A troubled heart is never a good thing.

When my grandfather left this world more than fifty years ago he came out of a coma long enough to declare, “There’s a wagonload of angels coming to get me, let’s sing praises!”

It is hard to worry and have a troubled heart when you see the angels. Let your mind dwell today on that which you cannot see. You cannot see the place that is being prepared especially for you, but you can think about the reality of that place. And you can think about the day which will come when you will be ushered into the presence of God and given the place prepared for you.

Trust in God and trust in Jesus and don’t let your heart be troubled!

No comments:

Post a Comment