Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Set Your Mind!

Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.

Colossians 3:1-4

What is the difference in imagination and reality? If something is real, then we can see, touch, hear or otherwise perceive it with our physical senses. If we deem something to be imaginary it is because we cannot touch, taste, etc the thing we imagine.

But the most important things in life cannot be quantified with our five senses. Prove that you love me. Show me your sorrow or compassion. Can you measure desire or mercy? They are all beyond our ability to study with objective measurements.

So when I set my mind on “things above” am I simply daydreaming and using my imagination to escape the reality of this world? Someone years ago described it this way, “He is so heavenly minded, that he is of no earthly good!”

That philosophy will drag any follower of Jesus away from the peace of God which can fill his heart and mind. The truth is that it is only the “heavenly minded” that are of any earthly good at all! It is only when you focus your mind of heaven that you can be of true value to those who live on this earth.

“Lord, fill my mind with thoughts of things above. Show me what is going on in heaven. Give me a glimpse of Glory! Help me ponder the praise that is heard before Your throne! Make my imagination Your drawing board that I may see You more clearly today than ever before!”






No comments:

Post a Comment