Saturday, July 30, 2011

Follow Jesus in the Valley!

Listen to this blog.


“The Lord’s Spirit
has come to me,
because he has chosen me
to tell the good news
to the poor.
The Lord has sent me
to announce freedom
for prisoners,
to give sight to the blind,
to free everyone
who suffers,

and to say, ‘This is the year
the Lord has chosen.’ ”

Luke 4:18-19

Jesus read these words from the Book of Isaiah and then claimed that He was the one Isaiah was talking about. Jesus did everything that God planned for Him to do while He was here on this earth. There was not a day when Jesus got ready to sleep and pondered the "regrets of the day." Jesus was not a robot, He simply made the right choice every time He was presented with options and opportunities.

As I live my life today and strive to be like Jesus, avoiding sin is only step number one. Of course, I cannot sin and be like Jesus at the same time, but there is more. To be like Jesus is to make every choice of the day according to the will of God. Ask yourself, what is God's will that I do, or say, or think in this situation? Truly being like Jesus involves the mundane moments as much as the times of elation and glory!`

The question is not "what would Jesus do." The question is: "What is the Holy Spirit leading me to do, think or say at this moment?"

If you only do the Will of God on the mountain peaks of life, you will be a very sad follower of Jesus. If you learn to follow Jesus in the valley, the mountain tops will be easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment