Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Jesus Speaks to Storms!

Listen to this blog.

Suddenly a windstorm struck the lake. Waves started splashing into the boat, and it was about to sink.

Jesus was in the back of the boat with his head on a pillow, and he was asleep. His disciples woke him and said, “Teacher, don’t you care that we’re about to drown?”

Jesus got up and ordered the wind and the waves to be quiet. The wind stopped, and everything was calm.

Mark 4:37-39

When I was a little boy I learned a lesson that has served me well for many years. I could be calm and peaceful if I was holding on to, literally clinging on to my father. Life could rage around me, but as long as I was in his arms there was no need to fear!

The lesson was simple. When the rough waters come in this life, and they always do, hold on to God, the Father! When, as the old song says, "Sorrows like sea billows roll" hold on to Jesus!

Jesus was sleeping in the boat and the disciples foolishly thought the boat was going to sink and drown them all, including Jesus. The headline would have read, "Jesus came to die for men's sins, but instead He died in a tragic boat accident on the lake in a bad storm!" How foolish?

Look around at the storm that is raging in your life and then look to see if Jesus is in your boat. If He appears to be asleep, that's OK. The ride may be rough and it may look as if all hope is lost. But if Jesus is in your boat you can be at peace.

There is no storm that can continue to lash out at your life after Jesus tells it to be still!

The world itself was spoken into existence by God Himself and your life storm will cease to exist when Jesus tells it to.

The "Peace that passes understanding" comes quickly to my heart when Jesus talks to my storm!

No comments:

Post a Comment